Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Letter to Mr. Fitzgerald

Dear Mr. Fitzgerald,
                My name is Alex Kippenbrock, and I am a Junior at Carbondale Community High School.  I have recently read your novel The Great Gatsby, and it is by far the best book that I have read in a long time.  Of course the characters, plot, and setting all intrigued me, the reason I truly loved your book is the intrecit themes and symbols you weave in throughout the entire story.  It is possible to read the novel as you might read any other book, but you would only scratch the surface of this classic American story.
                While it seems that English teachers pick apart every single detail of classic literature until a rose bush turns into the meaning of life, they would be correct to do this to The Great Gatsby.  In fact if they did not, they would be severely under qualified to teach.  From every description of color,

No comments:

Post a Comment